Re: RFP for bioperl's Bio-EUtilities

On 8 February 2017 at 14:22, Andreas Tille <andreas@fam-tille.de> wrote:
>> I have removed the comment from d/copyright.  I didn't realize a new
>> release wold be necessary just for the takeover (I also configured the
>> package with autopkgtest but nothing that would change what gets
>> installed).  A new release is now pending review from a Debian
>> developer.
>
> I'll checkout and will upload to make sure the uploaded package will
> have the same Vcs info as its now the case.
>
> Just a personal question to the pkg-perl team:  What does this commit
> log mean:
>
>     d/watch: use version 3 to keep PET happy
>
> Is it possibly a bad idea to use version 4 of watch files?

The Package Entropy Tracker [1] does not yet support version 4.  Maybe
this is mainly used by the Debian Perl team [2], I don't know, but
there is one for the Debian Med team too [3].  You will in some cases
see the error:

        Only watch files using version 2 or 3 are supported

Carnë

[1] https://pet.alioth.debian.org/
[2] https://pet.debian.net/pkg-perl/pet.cgi
[3] https://pet.debian.net/debian-med/pet.cgi