Re: Download page of PrIME phylo source vanished

Hi Erik,

thanks for your investigation.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:18:50AM +0100, Erik Sjölund wrote:
> I asked Lars Arvestad (the upstream author and the owner of the web
> page http://prime.sbc.su.se/) but he said he didn't have time. He
> suggested the Debian package could be removed.

The fact that the source download for the package vanished is no reason
to remove the Debian package which has a decent user base and no known
bugs.  I just wanted to make sure we will not miss any future release
when I was checking the download location.  My recommendation for a
reliable download of the source would be to use any of the known Git
hosting platforms which provide source tarball downloads provided that
the authors are using tags.  Please note that not only Debian users
might have interest in the source code but other users or distributions
as well.

So I'll simply leave the Debian package as is and hope you might ping in
case the author might have followed my suggestion (or fixes the download
by some other means).