Re: [Mom] Varmatch package situation

على الأربعاء  2 تشرين الثاني 2016 ‫00:45، كتب Ghislain Vaillant:
> On 02/11/16 07:18, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>> Varmatch is a pretty new software package and they haven't yet made
>> their first official release. I saw the preprint article, thought it was
>> interesting, and made this start in packaging it as a result.
>>
>> Being unreleased yet, the major concern is for it to produce accurate
>> results, so you should make sure that it can reproduce the results they
>> claim that it can with their test data.
>
> Not to mention upstream might not be happy to have unreleased software
> officially packaged.

I do not think this is the case here, although some upstreams are never
happy to have their software packaged at all. The varmatch developers
have written and posted an article that has presumably already been
submitted to a journal, so it looks to be in a beta stage.

Of course, if anyone has a doubt, contacting upstream won't hurt. I
anticipated that might be necessary anyway to figure out how to validate
the program's output based on the test data.

regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي