Re: using `alternatives` for aligners and assemblers and promoting common interfaces

على الأربعاء 13 تـمـوز 2016 ‫10:58، كتب Michael Crusoe:
> You may be interested in the http://nucleotid.es/ & http://bioboxes.org/
> efforts.

Those do look interesting, but I was referring to a finer kind of
standardization. Many of these tools can take some of the same
parameters, so I was thinking of pushing to standardize that interface.
For example, PacBio's pbalign program defines such an interface and can
wrap blasr, bowtie, or gmap.

I do think it's probably too much effort for too little gain, though, so
I probably won't pursue it.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--