Re: Request for discussion: Is our Sprint more of a Mini-DebConf? What to have next?

On 21/06/16 22:12, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Steffen Möller
> <steffen_moeller@gmx.de <mailto:steffen_moeller@gmx.de>> wrote:
>

>     On 16/06/16 09:56, Michael Crusoe wrote:
>     > On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 1:12 AM, Steffen Möller
>     > <steffen_moeller@gmx.de <mailto:steffen_moeller@gmx.de>
>     <mailto:steffen_moeller@gmx.de <mailto:steffen_moeller@gmx.de>>>
>     wrote:
>     >
>     >     I was peeking into the one or other scientific collaboration of
>     >     mine to
>     >     invite them to our next Debian Med sprint. But I could not
>     really tell
>     >     much about it, yet. Besides deciding where to convene next
>     (which
>     >     to my
>     >     recollection is decided by someone saying loudly that he/she
>     wants to
>     >     host us ... hello?)
>     >
>     > I have offered to host the next Debian Med sprint at TBD Black Sea
>     > resort near the city of Constanța, Romania.
>     Fine with me. Internet? Travel-time? It is 2h by car from
>     Bukarest. Trains?
>

> I haven't researched resorts or internet yet, but Romania is famous
> for fast internet. Internet reliability and speed will be a central
> criteria.
>
> Three hours from OTP (Bucarest) by train or bus:
> https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Bucharest-Otopeni-Airport-OTP/Constan%C8%9Ba
Hm. This sounds a bit far. Although I am curious about it.

>     Knowing you in Belgium, how about Antwerpen? I'd have a direct flight,
>     even ;o)
>

> I'll be in Bucureşti by then :-)
I just checked hotel prices online. Considerably cheaper at the coast,
indeed. Flights are affordable. Without someone local it will be
difficult to get anything organised, though. Let us collect ideas about
what meetings we need.

Steffen