Aw: OpenAPS as in Artificial Pancreas System

> https://github.com/openaps/openaps
>
> to assemble a bunch of off-the shelf components to establish a feedback
> loop to control blood sugar levels.
>
> Their philosophy is that to comply with FDA regulations the device
> should not be sold, it is up to the individuals and their parents to
> establish it all, on their very own responsibility this means.
>
> I am tempted to just go and package it.

+1

> At the same time, any stupid
> problem with anything (not necessarily within OpenAPS itself) could have
> severe consequences, which includes death or brain damage. On the other
> hand, especially the continuous integration checking of Debian is
> helpful to spot some library inconsistencies upfront. There is also the
> possibility to only offer the package in unstable (with an artificial RC
> bug to prevent a migration to testing),

+1

> so we could for instance offer
> the continuous integration only and motivate the development of
> respective tests by the community and see how things develop.
>
> So, how do you feel? Should we duck or cover it?

Maybe one could add a fake alternative "openaps" which is set to
/bin/false and must be set to /usr/bin/openaps-whatever manually
by the user ?  On every upgrade debconf could be used to force
the user to re-decide whether it should stay active, default to
inactive.

Karsten