Re: Biolinux - Packages Updates

Hi Andreas,

I mainly do Python and R. I have previous experience with Perl, Java, _javascript_ and PHP. But mainly Python nowadays!

I've been analyzing human genomes and exomes for the last 7 years. During my PhD studies in Bioinformatics I developed an online tool in Django for diagnosing patients with Mendelian Disorders.

Unfortunately, my previous advisor did not let me publish the source code for this project before it is accepted by a peer review scientific journal. This process is on going and once it get's accepted, I will proudly publish the source code on github and think about preparing a package to submitting for debian-med, but that`s a long shot.

I would like to do something similar to what Tim did with the Galaxy package on Biolinux, which sadly have not being updated in a very long time :(.

This is a package I would love see being submitted to Debian med in the future!

Let me know if you think about some specific project that you believe I could be able to help. Just wanted to say that I`m here to stay.

Kind Regards!

Raony Guimarães Corrêa Do Carmo Lisboa Cardenas
PhD in Bioinformatics

email: raonyguimaraes@gmail.com
skype/gtalk: raonyguimaraes
phone: +55 31 93404152

Laboratory of Clinical Genomics
UFMG School of Medicine
Federal University of Minas Gerais - UFMG
Av. Prof. Alfredo Balena, 190, Sala 321
Belo Horizonte, Brazil 30130-100

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Raony,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 01:40:19PM +0100, Raony Guimaraes Corrêa Do Carmo Lisboa Cardenas wrote:
> That was a very nice welcome! I will read carefully everything you wrote
> and the documents you suggested. I will look for something interesting to
> work on in the tasks page to get started.

May be you could add some information about your skills in programming
languages.  Due to my insight in some packages I might pick some
relevant candidates if you might really have some trouble finding a
task. ;-)

> I look forward to start contributing to this project! \o/

:-)

> I will certainly try to join the next sprints of DebianMed so we will
> finally be able to meet AFK.

Welcome in the team