Associating packages with file types using appstream succeeded

I am happy to report that the experiment we conducted during the Debian
Med meeting in Denmark was successful, after fixing a bug in the
appstream import system.

The goal was to use appstream to announce file format support in a
non-GUI package (aka one without a .desktop file), and we used the khmer
package as an example.  It is now listed as a package supporting the
application/vnd.oxli.countgraph MIME type:

% appstreamcli what-provides mimetype application/vnd.oxli.countgraph
Identifier: oxli [generic]
Name: khmer
Package: khmer
----
%

To do this, we added debian/khmer.metainfo.xml with the following
content and installed it in /usr/share/appdata/:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<component>
  <id>oxli</id>
  <metadata_license>MIT</metadata_license>
  <name>khmer</name>
  <summary>in-memory DNA sequence kmer counting, filtering &amp; graph traversal</summary>
  <description>
      khmer is a library and suite of command line tools for working
      with DNA sequence. It is primarily aimed at short-read
      sequencing data such as that produced by the Illumina
      platform. khmer takes a k-mer-centric approach to sequence
      analysis, hence the name.
  </description>
  <mimetypes>
    <mimetype>application/vnd.oxli.countgraph</mimetype>
  </mimetypes>
</component>

--
Happy hacking