Re: Orthanc for digital pathology

Hi Sébastien,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 10:53:41AM +0100, Sébastien Jodogne wrote:
> The new "orthanc-wsi" package was submitted more than two months ago, but is
> still pending in the NEW queue:
> https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
>
> As this package is the first free and open-source, reference implementation
> of DICOM for microscopic whole-slide imaging (digital pathology), I think
> providing it through Debian could expand the field of scope of the Debian
> Med community.
>
> As a consequence, I feel it would be important to make sure it gets accepted
> into unstable before the Debian Stretch soft freeze, which will occur in the
> following next days. Is there anything I can do to speedup the review
> process?

I'm afraid that's a couple of days to late since packages need 10 days
of transition through unstable until reaching testing.  While I guess
this mail is about 2 weeks to late (since ftpmasters can be convinced by
good reasons like you gave above to set priorities) I think there is no
real harm done if we publish this package in Stretch backports.