Re: ncbi-blast+ new upstream version git import merge error

Hi Olivier,

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 02:39:49PM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> On 12/01/2016 02:37 PM, olivier sallou wrote:
> > HI,
> > I have updated (locally) patches for the new release of ncbi-blast+.
> > However I face an error during import of new sources in git:
> >
> > gbp import-orig --pristine-tar ../ncbi-blast+_2.5.0.orig.tar.gz
> > Upstream version is 2.5.0
> > Merging to 'master'
> > Automatic merge failed
> > Error detected, will roll back changes

I can confirm I observed this yesterday as well the first time in the
case of r-cran-yaml.  Luckily the intended import was unusable anyway so
finally I did not need to import the tarball in question and I did not
need to track this down further.

> > This is the first time I face this.
> > How can I "force" the import of the sources? Or do you know why/how it
> > can occurs?
> There is an option --merge-mode=[merge|replace] but is it safe to use
> replace ? There is no info on merge issues.

If there will be no answer here I'd ask on Debian mentors list.  Please
share the result here if there is any.