Considerations for pird (Was: pirs/2.0.2+dfsg-2 follow-up)

Hi Ghislain,

thanks for your bug fixes and the tracking whether everything went fine
afterwards.

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 10:31:30AM +0000, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:

> Looks like there are more non-portable options being used in pirs according
> to the build logs, -mtune=generic in particular.
>
> I will prepare an upload with a patch dropping this option. Depending on
> performance needs, we may inject this option in d/rules with a conditional
> on the host architecture, in a later update.

I admit that loosing performance on amd64 where people will use the
software in reality is not acceptable just for beeing able to compile it
on random architecture that are not relevant for practical work.  So if
the -mtune option can increase the performance it should be used on
amd64.

What do others here on the list think about this?

Kind regards and thanks again