Re: December

Hi Thorsten,

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 07:18:27PM +0100, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> how time flies! This time of the year has come again and in order to carry
> on a tradition, I want to remind everybody of our combined efforts to take
> care of some poor souls.

Thanks a lot again for this great motivation to fix bugs!

> The days are closing in, the year is drawing to an end and we should think
> of all those, that are not around with their own kind. Again, during the
> last few months, lots of volunteers all around the world tracked down those
> poor souls and put their cases in the database. We should take care of those
> needy. This year, there are only about 150 cases which are relevant to
> Debian Med[1] (only 9 being serious[2]). So please feel pity for them and
> allow the transition of as many as possible poor souls to their final
> destination, the retirement community in the Archive. Maybe some of the
> "won't fix" can be resolved as well.

I admit this year went quite well to keep the bug count low - thanks to
all who contributed to this.

> Furthermore I would like to mention another page[3] with lots of information
> about Debian Med packages. Besides the list of RC bugs you can also see
> packages that can not be built on a Debian architecture, packages that are
> not allowed to migrate from unstable to testing (and thus won't be included
> in the next release) and packages with a new upstream version. I think those
> packages need some care as well.

I'd like to stress this a lot.  Please check that all our work on
packaging gets rewarded by packages inside the next stable release.
Some packages are just hanging in unstable without migration and this
might mean fixing bugs on non-Debian Med packages.  I'm sure Thorsten
will put these on his record as well - so please do not afraid to work
on other packages than you did before.  The learning effect for you is
an additional plus.

> As soon as I get the notice of a closed case I will record that in our
> Advent calendar[4].
>
> In contrast to normal calendars, let us fill this special one with lots of
> good deeds. Maybe we can hide at least one number of a closed case behind
> every door.

That's definitely the goal - please lets share the effort to reach it.

> Have fun,

Your advent calendar was always fun - I'm pretty sure it will be again

     Andreas.