Re: [Debichem-devel] Will we manage to upgrade jmol

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 02:52:16PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> jmol is amongst the top 20 Debian Med packages but it is lagging heavily
> behind upstream.  It definitely needs some care but it seems the task is
> to heavy for a single maintainer.  At Debian Med sprint Michael and me
> moved the packaging from SVN to Git[1] and did some work on the latest
> upstream but also this work is stalled.  It would be really great if
> some volunteers could have a look to get the latest version ready before
> the freeze.  If you have some Java skills and some spare time cycles
> please have a look into Jmol.

[...]

> [1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debichem/packages/jmol.git

Ximin Luo has started packaging Jmol from scratch (thanks to Stuart
Prescott for pointing me to it) and came quite a long way here:

https://github.com/infinity0/jmol

Ximin, I'd be more than happy to add you to the Debichem project so you
can import and continue your work in that git repo.

Or you take over maintainership yourself if you prefer that.

Michael