Re: Blat package situation

blat requires a license:

  http://genome.ucsc.edu/license/

See also:

  http://www.kentinformatics.com/

On 11/3/16 12:37 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Ali,

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 09:47:11AM +0300, Ali güven Odabaşıoğlu wrote:
i look at the blat git respository and use debuild command and debian
package created what's the problem in this program

The license is unfortunately the problem.  You might like to start
reading here

    https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2014-March/025515.html

and the following mails.  I keep on pinging the author (you might like
to seek for "blat license" or so on the Debian Med mailing list with
very slow progress.  Upstream has persionds of quick answering and long
breaks in between.  I'd really love to get blat packaged and I'd
consider it a great contribution if you simply keep on with the
discussion / clarification of the licensing of blat and the related
lilbraries.  May be we are not that far from a free license but the
whole relation between different copies of kentlib (which is used by
blat) is just unclear to me.

I'd highly regard if you could do some research into this - the
packaging itself is no technical problem.