Re: [outreachy] [profphd] Fwd: on Debian "profphd' upstream ChangeLog's entry

Hi Tanya,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 11:21:24PM +0300, merlettaia wrote:
> I've committed recent changes in profphd package. The work still in
> progress,

OK, so I will not upload yet.

> I fixed patch because of following reason: $tmplen which is not initialized
> might be undefined, and this causes error.
> Initialization
>    $#tmpend=$#tmplen=1;
> seems to eliminate the problem in correct way.
> I took a small portion of perl code and wrote tiny and ugly script to see
> this problem:

In general it could be a good idea to discuss on Debian Perl list since
problems like this might have been solved there before.

> P.S. - Sorry if I wrote unclear, but my flight is postponed for the second
> time and it makes me little nervous.

Hope you had a good flight. ;-)

> I described how I understand this
> problem for now. I've also fixed small warning (several from other package
> are left) and started to fix autopkgtest. For now basic tests should work
> (I used profphd's script with some tests - but it seems to be outdated, and
> I started to change it to separate autopkgtest instead).

Just let me know if you consider the package ready for upload.