Re: metastudent and libgo-perl (Was: [outreachy] autopkgtest-pkg-perl in librg-utils-perl does nothing)

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 11:15:49AM +0300, merlettaia wrote:

> > Wouldn't this mean we need a versioned Depends from libgo-perl in
> > metastudent?  It seems to be only an indirect dependency since I can't
> > see it in the dependencies but if it needs a certain version this should
> > be specified.
> >

> Probably I expressed idea in a bad way. Metastudent depends on libgo-perl,

You perfectly expressed your idea but I failed to look properly. ;-)  I
just commited a change

   Add versioned Depends libgo-perl (>= 0.15-3)

to metastudent.

> > OK, but we now would need a new package version (which is no problem).
> > However, I have not seen the typical t/ directory in librg-utils-perl.
> >

> autopkgtest-pkg-perl also runs syntax check.
> https://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/autopkgtest.html#syntax_t - but in some
> conditions skips it.

Ahhh, may be it was a bad idea to drop this line.  Hmmm ...  If you think
it does some good please check again and re-add it.