Re: RRID: a namespace for research software

Related (although we yet to "support" RRIDs) - have a look at http://duecredit.org , might be of interest if you are looking into sitting surviving methods and contributions, not only entire package

On June 28, 2016 5:57:00 PM GMT+02:00, Michael Crusoe <michael.crusoe@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:

On 27/06/16 16:22, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 10:04:40AM -0400, Michael Crusoe wrote:
>> http://identifiers.org/rrid/
>>
>> Example: http://identifiers.org/rrid/RRID:SCR_001156
>>
>> Where would be the best place to incorporate this into Debian? We are
>> adding support for this into the CWL spec so it would be nice to have a
>> resolver that give a Debian package name for a given RRID.
> Add a new field to debian/upstream/metadata ?

This is also what came to my mind. As it happens, we just proposed

Registrations:
  - Registry: bio.tools
    Entry: http://bio.tools/tool/DebianMed/bowtie/1.1.1
  - Registry: SEQwiki
    Entry: http://seqanswers.com/wiki/Bowtie

so you may want to add

  - Registry: RRID
    Entry: MIR:00000558

Well, actually, there does not seem to be an entry for Bowtie, yet

I am uncertain if one wants to have a complete URL or just the ID. Matúš
preferred the complete URL but I do not see any such for MIRIAM.

Complete URL please. For khmer it is  http://identifiers.org/rrid/RRID:SCR_001156

For the resolver that you mentioned, this can at some point be implemented
via the unified Debian database.

Great!

Best,

Steffen