Re: Primer3

Hi Canberk,

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 06:43:27AM +0300, Canberk Koç wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I upload Primer3 changes to git. But there is a problem svn and git
> packages have differences it might be a problem . Thanks for your help.

Could you please specify what exact problems there might be?

Moreover, if you build the package you get lintian warnings that should
be easy to fix.  The simplest way to verify this if you create a
.lintianrc file like:

$ cat ~/.lintianrc
color=always
display-experimental=no
display-info=yes
pedantic=no
## show-overrides=yes

and than run lintian on the resulting changes file.  Please fix those
issues like:

$ cat ~/.lintianrc
color=always
display-experimental=no
display-info=yes
pedantic=no
## show-overrides=yes

BTW, you created a certain scheme how to move examples around.  Do you
know dh_installexamples(1) and that it is sufficient to simply add the
files in question to debian/<pkg>.examples ?

While in this case you surely need an override_dh_installexamples to fix
the lintian issues by using sed to fix the interpreter to reach the
status you had previously commited to Git it would have been perfectly
sufficient if you had added the dirs in question to primer3.examples.

Finally installing everything in the test dirs *after* the tests were
run leaves a lot of temporary data inside the dirs which end up inside
the resulting package which should not be.  Either you clean up this in
a override_dh_auto_test or you be a bit more cautiously when copying the
files.

Since the test data are consuming a severe amount of architecture all
type files in the resulting package it is better to move them into a
separate architecture all binary package.  I guess you are not that
comfortable with the packaging skills and thus I just did the change.
Please make sure you understand my commit and in future try to do the
same if you get the according lintian warning.

In short the following is what I want you to do:  Understand, that
example data are now in primer3-examples, fix the interpreter lines via
sed statements and remove temporary test data that are not needed inside
the resulting package.