Re: No debian/tests dir for librg-utils-perl - did you commited your full working tree

Hi Tanya,

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 10:39:08AM +0300, merlettaia wrote:
> Hi, Andreas!
>
> I'm still working on them, librg-utils-perl has this line:
>
>   Testsuite: autopkgtest-pkg-perl
>
> in debian/control, which calls scripts which do basic syntax check (instead
> of using tests in debian/tests/ folder - there is no need to include it)
> and try to run package's perl tests.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification.  I was not aware of this.  Just tell me
if you are finished with it.

> You probably also noticed `librg-blast-parser-perl`

Not only noticed but uploaded since I assumed this would be ready.
Sorry if I was to fast - we could let follow another upload if further
changes might be needed.

> - it has only 1 file in
> debian/tests/ subfolder - it uses the same autopkgtest-pkg-perl for tests,
> and this file is needed to use examples folder in package's tests (
> autopkgtest-pkg-perl also runs tests for package from t/ folder, but it
> doesn't know where to find other files for them if they are not listed in
> that file).
> It's described here:
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/autopkgtest.html#smoke

I obviously need to read more about this.  Thanks for the pointer.

> I haven't wrote README.test yet - for this and for several other packages.

As a general statement:  README.test is nice but optional.  I consider
this an extra service for our users but experience shows that most of
our users do not even look into /usr/share/doc/<package>.  So for
instance a valid README.test could be:

   RTFM: http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/autopkgtest.html#smoke

> When I'll finish them, I'll send list with description what I done. I've
> seen letter you've sent me - I'll send several fixes today, but before that
> I want to look at disulfinder.

Fine.  I just repeat that I'm very happy with your work.

> And after that I'll do other packages from rostlab folder - I found several
> packages (predictprotein and some another) using  data located in some
> suspicious location (starting from mnt/ ) - for now it seems to be a
> problem. I'll send full description later if won't find out how to solve it.

Perfect.

Thanks a lot