Re: Help with CMake linking Debian's LLVM libs

Am Dienstag, den 07.06.2016, 14:54 +0000 schrieb Gianfranco Costamagna:
> Hi,
>

> > $ ./debian/rules build
>
> which llvm version did upstream bundle?
>
> LLVM folks are known for breaking API between releases, so maybe just
> you need a specific llvm version rather than the default one.

Indeed,

I've had a look at it, and the bundled headers are different from the
llvm-3.6 ones you get from the package, but also llvm-3.7 has a lot of
different headers.

In both cases headers have been moved in and out, but many more headers
can be found in both Debian packaged versions w.r.t the bundled
version, which lets me conclude that their version might be based on
something < 3.6.

Building with llvm-3.7 also fails, btw. I had it installed, and the
cmake scripts picked this one up instead of the 3.6 version.

Best,
Gert