Re: fisher_exact_test code, public-domain ?

On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 03:16:05PM +0200, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
> I am about to upload the new version of subread package, but not sure
> what to do with a new file with unclear copyright.
>
> I've already tried to contact both authors ( Kadosawa and Hopwood ) but
> both emails don't exist anymore ..

Some people had sucessfully contacted authors via Twitter ...

> Taking into account that the code is not too complicated, can I consider
> it public-domain or just the same license as the source of subread ?

I personally assume that new files with no explicite licence statement
are following the same license as globally specified.  For me it does
not scale to seek single authors of files.  This applies for sure only
if you don't know better reasons to assume that the global license does
not apply.