Re: Debian packaging of phylophlan and using vsearch instead of usearch

Hi

I am not sure exactly how phylophlan works, but it seems like it is based on amino acid sequences.

In contrast to usearch, vsearch does not handle amino acid sequences, only nucleotide sequences. We do not have any plans to include support in vsearch for amino acid sequences in the near future.

It thus appears that vsearch would unfortunately not be a useful alternative to usearch in this case.

Best wishes,

- Torbjørn