Help needed for "gbp:error: upstream/2.3.0 is not a valid treeish" (Was: Please finalise new version of ncbi-blast+ since build system is quite tricky)

Hi Olivier,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 03:33:43PM +0000, olivier sallou wrote:
> > I imported the new upstream version and I **hope** I refreshed the quilt
> > patches correctly.  However, even the build system has changed a bit -
> > for instance c++/src/build was moved to c++/src/build-system.  For me at
> > this point it is enough fiddling around with things I'm not sufficiently
> > educated and I wonder whether you want to take over at this point.
> > Hopefully its only a small thing to change.
> >

> some branches might be missing
>
> I see only master branch

$ git branch -a
* master
  pristine-tar
  upstream
  remotes/origin/master
  remotes/origin/pristine-tar
  remotes/origin/upstream
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.25-1
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.25-2
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.25-3
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.25-4
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.25-5
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.25-7
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.25-7@6918
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.25-7@9073
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.26-1
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.26-2
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.26-3
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.27-1
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.27-2
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.28-1
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.28-2
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.29-1
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.29-3
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.30-2
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.30-4
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.31-3
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.31-3@20905
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.31-3@6918
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.31-4
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.31-4@20969
  remotes/svn-import/tags/2.2.31-4@6918
  remotes/svn-import/trunk
  remotes/svn-import/trunk@6918

So the branches are definitely pushed.  (Interesting - I was not aware
that the SVN tags are visible in upstream but not on local branches ...)

> and a build gives error:
>
> $gbp buildpackage -rfakeroot
>
> gbp:error: upstream/2.3.0 is not a valid treeish

I remember I've read this before - but I forgot the solution. :-(