Re: r-cran-registry

Dear Alba,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:46:16PM +0100, Alba Crespi wrote:
> > I simply assumed that you had found a newer version since the pristine-tar
> > branch was featuring
> >    r-cran-registry_0.3-1.orig.tar.gz.*
>
> Sorry, my fault, I put -1 in the tarball which was wrong...

Since you said "I put" I assume you did not used uscan for downloading.
I personally create packages by crafting debian/watch *first* and
download the upstream tarball afterwards using

    uscan --verbose --force-download

Uscan will make sure that you get the right name.

> > I hope the repository is OK now - at least it builds properly (at least
> > after cc3ca6e9a1c9377ecbffda41ed8f269d0d6dafab).  Do you plan to add an
> > autopkgtest which I would consider the last missing bit in packaging?
> > Feel free to ask for examples if you have no idea what to do.
>
> Could you please point me some wiki page or examples on how to do it?

Random example is

    https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-med/r-cran-data.table.git

Watch out for the debian/tests folder.

If you want to know more please do a web search for "Debian Continuous
Integration" (please excuse my brewity - I need to deal with "real life"
;-))