Re: Worth packaging bio_assembly_refinement?

Hi Afif,

first of all thanks for looking at Circlator, which was on my list as well :)

>> I'm looking into packaging Circlator, which depends on the Sanger
>> program bio_assembly_refinement. Looking into it, I'm wondering whether
>> this is a tool that will just get folded into circlator eventually. Do
>> you think it's worth packaging it separately?
>
> I should add that the alternative would be to bundle it into the
> circlator package as a multi-orig tarball. The question is better
> rephrased as whether it's worth packaging bio_assembly_refinement
> /separately/.

Yes, I noticed the dependency on bio_assembly_refinement as well and I was’t sure what part of it is really needed, since it’s description sounded a bit similar to Circlator itself. I didn’t have the time yet to look into it in more detail yet.
I have cc’d Martin Hunt, the Circlator author, and Nishadi de Silva, the bio_assembly_refinement author, on this email and they might be able to say more.

Many thanks,
Sascha