Re: RFS: reapr

Hi Michael,

> Sascha, care to share your reproducibility test setup?

Sure, but it’s nothing too flashy and basically just the recommended reference setup. With cowbuilder installed and my pbuilderrc (https://github.com/satta/dotfiles/blob/master/pbuilder/.pbuilderrc) just follow the instructions at:

  https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/ExperimentalToolchain#Usage_example

to create a cowbuilder base with the modified toolchain, then clone

  https://anonscm.debian.org/git/reproducible/misc.git

(I don’t have a default distribution set in my .pbuilderrc so I had to patch rebuild.sh with the attached patch).

Then, copy the package files + orig tarball for the package you want to test into the misc/prebuilder directory.
From there, then do:

  ./rebuild.sh -c -b /var/cache/pbuilder/base-reproducible.cow <pkgname>

and watch for the big ‘reproducible’ banner. If there’s none, then look at the output in the log directory, particularly the diffoscope HTML — this is basically just what Debian’s reproducibility reports give you. Very useful to check whether your package will build reproducibly for Debian (only for amd64 in my case but I can live with that ;))

Cheers
Sascha