Re: Please consider a free license for all code parts of Cluster 3.0

Hi Michiel,

thanks for your quick and helpful reply.

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 10:54:35AM +0900, Michiel de Hoon wrote:
> Personally I am in favor of changing the license to Cluster 3.

Great.

> However,
> since the GUI design is based on Michael Eisen's original Cluster program, I
> can only change the license if the license to the original Cluster program
> is changed as well. Michael Eisen himself is most likely in favor as well,
> but as far as I know the official owner of the software is Stanford
> University, so you would have to get agreement from them.
> Btw, Michael Eisen left Stanford more than 10 years ago, so you may not be
> able to reach him at his Stanford email address.

I somehow had expected something like this and I assume if you would
know either a current email addres of Michael Eisen or some responsible
person at Standord you would have probably written it in you mail.  So I
(perhaps somebody else here on the list) will try to find out).

Kind regards and thanks again

      Andreas.