Re: [MoM] Re: bart - tools for computational magnetic resonance imaging

Hi Martin,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 02:56:27PM +0100, Martin Uecker wrote:
> > There are three remaining and easy to fix lintian issues:
> >
> > I: bart source: duplicate-short-description bart libbart-dev
> > W: bart: package-installs-into-obsolete-dir etc/bash_completion.d/ : ^etc/bash_completion.d/ -> usr/share/bash-completion/completions (see also https://bugs.debian.org/776954)
> > I: bart: package-contains-empty-directory usr/lib/bart/commands/
> >
> > If these are fixed I could upload.
>
> Fixed. I wonder why I didn't get these warning. Probably because
> I called lintian on the binaries and not on the .dsc file.

Not really.  I think the .changes file is the best target to fetch all
lintian issues.  The last two items are definitely a *.deb issue.  I
guess it is since you are not using the latest lintian and may be not
asking for the info severity.  I'd recommend two things:

1. Always use lintian from unstable which can be easily dony by the
   following:

$ cat /etc/apt/preferences.d/01-lintian.pref
Package: lintian
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 601

   (provided you have set your prefered distribution with some pin
    priority to say 500 - for me that is testing)

2. Make sure you also get lintian info issues which can be done that
   way:

$ cat ~/.lintianrc
color=always
display-experimental=no
display-info=yes
pedantic=no
## show-overrides=yes

For me the package is close to ready if I would understand why you
insist on the empty dir usr/lib/bart/commands/.  I do not see any reason
for this since in /usr only packages can / should write and a package
that writes to this location would create the package itself.  Users
should not write to /usr - so why leaving the empty dir there?

Is your intention rather to create

     /var/lib/bart/commands/

and set apropriate permissions in a postinst script?