Re: MOM: Probe

Hi Malihe,

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 06:56:04PM +0430, Malihe Asemani wrote:
> I am trying to package probe [1,2] for debian-med in MOM. If any one could
> help me, I'd really appreciate that.
>
> Andreas, I've created bare git-repo on the server.

OK.

> but in the local, I
> can't get package_template:
>
> mali@buildEnv:/home/mali/med/probe$ svn export svn://
> anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template debian
> svn: E000110: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn://
> anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template'
> svn: E000110: Can't connect to host 'anonscm.debian.org': Connection timed
> out

Very strange.  I simply did the same as you and got the debian/ dir.  To
make sure you will not stumble upon some strange proxy or whatever
problem I simply commited and pushed what I got.  Hope this helps. ;-)

BTW, there is no real requirement to use this template.  May be in this
specific case you just checkout the debian/ dir from the package
suitename that is strongly related and my be a better starting point.

> Also, I could not find a bug report for probe. Is it needed to file a WNPP
> bug report based on [3]?

There is no such bug report yet.  The only occurance of probe in the
Debian context I'm aware of is the discussion on our mailing list
starting here:

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2015/07/msg00158.html

It is up to you to create an ITP bug report as maintainer.

I also recommend to discuss a proper name for this software here since a
package with name probe will never be accepted since it is to generic.

Feel free to keep on asking here and thanks for working on this
package

       Andreas.