Re: Copenhagen offered to host upcoming Debian Med Sprint - alternative suggestions?

Hi Steffen,

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 05:51:54PM +0200, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> at this year's ISMB in Dublin (two weeks ago) in ran into the friendly folks
> of the Copenhagen ELIXIR node and associates, some of which attended the
> Southport sprint. They are planning for a hackathon to foster their catalog
> of bioinformatics tools  and services in January and ... well ... somehow
> the immediate idea surfaced that we could possibly team up, i.e. have their
> Hackathon during the week and our Sprint immediatly following that weekend
> for the obvious symbiosis also from a funding perspective.
>
> Any additional insights / ideas / thoughts from your sides?

I'd happily come to Copenhagen and may be joing the hackathon for one or
two days before the Debian Med sprint seems quite feasible to me.

> The next ISMB is in Orlando, Florida. I cannot tell if I am going at the
> very moment. But after a look at the not so ultimately impressive booths
> on at the ISMB this year, I had thought, and actually folks suggested it
> to me, that a Debian Med booth (as in a Debian + Bio-Linux joint demonstration
> of what wealth of packages is available at one's fingertips) may
> be rather neat, indeed. The exact planning of such an event should  possibly
> be a topic of the Sprint.

I think having a booth like NeuroDebian people at this kind of events
would be a great idea (even if I personally will not join this booth).

Kind regards and thanks for your good ideas