Re: Help needed to try to fix activiz.net

Hi Corentin,

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 03:51:58PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> > So its in Debian Med SVN and may be this is the reason why you did not
> > found it since you are checking only SVN, right?  I think you will
> > welcome if the package would be moved to Git, right?
>
> Yes indeed.

:-)

> > I think the package needs some update since it is lagging behind
> > upstream anyway[4].  Moving to vtk 6.1 seems to be a sensible thing and
> > if we are realy lucky the bug in question might go away by this simple
> > upgrade.
>
> It could be a great thing.

Done.  The repository is yours. ;-)

> > So I'll do the following:
> >
> >    1. Move the package from SVN to Git
> >    2. Add you as Uploaders
> >    3. Ping you for further work on the package once this is done
> >

> Ok, I'm waiting.

Don't blame me I'd be slow. :-P

> > Is this OK for you?  I'm sorry that I personally do not have any
> > knowledge about this and the related packages so if things exceed normal
> > packaging I'm not of much help.
>
> There is no problem! I also don't know how it works, but I think I have
> probably more time to work on it.

Feel free to discuss everything that might be unclear on the usual
channels you learned to know at MoM. :-)  I'd start by

   debian/get-orig-source

So I have to extract manually the files next the folder debian, right ?

after fixing the VERSION properly.

Are you talking about the new vtk version (6.1) ?

I have a question ; How can I apply quilt patches on the files which have been updated in upstream ?
The numbers of the impacted lines are different, but the changes have nevertheless to be apply.

Corentin