Re: python-pysam version lagging

Hi Afif,

On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 12:07:16PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> Hi, team,
> A package I'm working on in Debian Med (python-pbcore) has pysam v0.8.1 as a
> run-time dependency, but the version in Debian is stuck at 0.7.7 from stable
> up through unstable. The latest upstream release looks like 0.8.3.

I guess this is mainly caused by the freeze and partly caused by a lack
of time.  The first reason has vanished and the second is permanent. :-)

> I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but if nobody who usually works on
> this package can take care of it, I would step in and do it. Please just let
> me know.

As a general rule: I'm positively convinced that any update in VCS is
more than welcome.  Please, if anybody sees some move forward in any
package, just do it.  I hope if you ask here for a sponsored update for
python-pysam the situation can be easily enhanced.

> Thanks and regards,

Thanks a lot for your effort and just be bold to become involved in more
packages at your personal needs that most probably will meet other needs
as well