Re: Libcolt-free accepted, lets see how far we can get with it (first package: libdsol1-java)

Hi Tim,

On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 04:48:10PM +0100, Tim Booth wrote:
> Mostly good news.  I tested libcolt-free-java and Acacia appears to work
> exactly as before, so I am 99% sure that libdsol1-java is perfectly
> happy with the modified libcolt and all dependent packages can go into
> main.  Well done!

:-)

> I've pushed a small change to GIT for libcolt-free.  See if you agree
> with my renaming the .jar file.

I have no reason to disagree and so I'll upload your changes to Debian
as well.

> I'll also push an updated acacia package.

OK.

> The bad news is I can't get libdsol 1.6.10 to compile at all. I'm not
> sure what they changed (major refactoring seems to have been done for
> this supposedly minor version!) or why, but I'm guessing it requires
> specific updated dependencies that I don't have on Ubuntu 14.04.
> Given that my only motivation in packaging it was to support Acacia,
> which now works nicely, I don't want to attempt to port Acacia to
> libdsol2-java at this point.  I'm sticking to the working libdsol1
> version that I have.

That's OK for me.  However, I'd move the packaging to Git to make sure
we are working on exactly the same upstream tarball.  Can you provide
your source tarball somewhere for download (or create the Git repository
yourself - whatever you prefer).  We should just document the reason
for sticking to an old version in README.Debian.

Thanks for your work on this