Re: How to submit software for addition to BioLinux?

On 02/18/2015 01:07 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 11:03:32AM +0000, Simon Sadedin wrote:
>> groovy 2.3.4 : exists already but is only version 2.0.0~beta2
> No idea where you get this version number from.  But for developing new
> packages you need to build against unstable and here we have:
>
> $ LANG=LC_ALL apt-cache policy groovy2
> groovy2:
>   Installed: (none)
>   Candidate: 2.2.2+dfsg-3
>   Version table:
>      2.2.2+dfsg-3 0
>         501 file:/home/ftp/pub/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
>         501 http://http.debian.net/debian/ testing/main amd64 Packages
>          50 http://http.debian.net/debian/ unstable/main amd64 Packages
>
> In case 2..2. is not sufficient but you really need 2.3.4 I would
> recommend to do
>
>    reportbug groovy2
>       "New version available"
>       Severity: wishlist
>
>    I would be happy if version <your minimum version requirement>
>    would be packaged since it is needed for <your package name>
>
>> gpars 1.2.1 : exists already, but not sufficient version
> Since the situation seems to be quite clear in this case I did as
> suggested above in this case (should be seen in BTS soon[1]).
>
>> extra166y : not in debian, is in fedora
>> smack 3.2.2 : not in debian, is in fedora
> I have no idea whether this is technically helpful - perhaps you
> can "steal" the package descriptions or so.  But at least it sounds
> promosing that it is OK license-wise.
>
>> The good news is that only two libraries are not existing at all, and
>> those are already in Fedora. Is it helpful if there is a src rpm or is it
>> just as easy to start from scratch?
It might help to have a look at spec file and patches just to see if
there is some specific manipulation is needed or just a basic build is
enough (are those using maven for example?).

If they use ant build file, it is really easy to go then from scratch on
debian. If you find some issues or it is not clear for you, to not
hesitate to ask.

Olivier

--
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438