Re: Status of khmer

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 01:44:48PM +0000, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> [re-adding debian-med@lists.debian.org; didn't mean to drop it]

I even dropped the CC to you (as per Debian mailing list policy :-)).

> On Mon Feb 09 2015 at 11:02:39 PM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
>
> > > Yeah, the tests break because the scripts are in a different location.
> > I'll
> > > develop a patch.
> >
> > Good.
> >

> I've fixed it without having to make a quilt patch.

Great.  Build time test works nicely now.

However, the autopkgtest does not yet work even after I fixed some
simple things (please gbp-pull):

$ LC_ALL=C sh debian/tests/run-unit-test
Failure: ImportError (No module named _khmer) ... ERROR

ERROR: Failure: ImportError (No module named _khmer)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/loader.py", line 414, in loadTestsFromName
    addr.filename, addr.module)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/importer.py", line 47, in importFromPath
    return self.importFromDir(dir_path, fqname)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/importer.py", line 94, in importFromDir
    mod = load_module(part_fqname, fh, filename, desc)
  File "/home/andreas/debian-maintain/alioth/debian-med_git/khmer/khmer/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>
    from khmer._khmer import _new_counting_hash
ImportError: No module named _khmer

Ran 1 test in 0.003s

This somehow needs some love.

> > OK.  Can you please add this information in README.source and also add a
> > paragraph for the seqan code copy to debian/copyright?
>
> Done.

Fine.

> Ready for re-review.

Besides the autopkgtest I think it is fine.  Could you please file an
ITP and add the closes statement to the changelog?  Moreover I wonder
whether we need to keep those not yet Debian related changelog entries
in debian/changelog.  Usually the first entry in debian/changelog says

<pkg> (<version>) ...

  * Initial upload (Closes: #<ITP>)

 -- <who did this>  <when this was done>

and no additional entries - except if they were really released in
trusty and the old changelog entries are on purpose.  (May be you told
me so previously but I forgot this detail.)

Thanks for your work on this package