Licensing for poretools

Hi, Prof. Quinlan,

I'm contacting you on behalf of the Debian Med team, a group within the
Debian project that targets software for biology and medicine. We have
so far included several packages for analysis of single-molecule
sequencing data (mostly PacBio), but I am looking to start bringing in
software for analysis of nanopore sequencing data.

poretools was my first target for this, but I could not find any
licensing information about it. In order to include it in Debian (and
subsequently derivatives such as Ubuntu), I must be able to provide
licensing information; hopefully a familiar, unrestrictive license such
as BSD or GPL. Would you be able to provide this information, perhaps by
including it in the github repository?

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--