Where to send ephemerous messages related to Debian Med ?

Hi all,

I tend to refrain to post messages like "I am on it", etc, when preparing an
upload, but then I tend to be scooped by Andreas, who is so efficient those
days :)  I wonder if there would be a good place for such messages on different
communication media.

 - IRC ?  On my side, I am not a big fan of IRC, since to use it I need to dedicate
   most of my screen surface to it (I am shortsighted) and most of my time to it
   (relevant messages tend to be buried by lots of lines about who entered and
   who left).  But maybe I am just using an inefficient client (xchat).  Anyway,
   the big drawback of IRC is that, unless one spends some time setting up a bot,
   the messages are only visible to those who are connected.

 - Identica ?  I see that some Debian developers are using it.  Is it possible
   to create a Debian Med group that one can follow without being logged in ?
   That could be neat.

 - Other suggestions ?

Cheers,

Charles