Re: [RFS] SleepyHead (ITP: #780060)

On Monday, October 12 2015, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 11:11:42PM -0400, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>>
>> This is because of #800738.  I fixed it locally but forgot to adjust
>> debian/rules to workaround this issue.  Should also be fixed.
>
> The package builds now.  Thanks for fixing.
>
> Please note that there is no point in creating a new changelog entry if
> there was no package uploaded.  I dropped the new entry - please pull.

Yeah, I was not sure whether or not it made sense to do that.  On the
one hand, if I had not done that, we would have a tag pointing to a
Debian release (debian/0.9.8-1) and then we would have commits after
this tag.  On the other hand, we would have a second Debian release
without having released the first.

I think the solution would be to retag the latest commit as
debian/0.9.8-1, maybe?

> I get some lintian informations when using lintian with -I option:
>
> I: sleepyhead source: debian-watch-file-is-missing

This is because upstream is still not releasing versioned source
tarballs.  I've made a request to the author, and he told me he is going
to start doing that in the next releases.

> I: sleepyhead: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/SleepyHead calender calendar
> I: sleepyhead: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/SleepyHead Libaries Libraries
> I: sleepyhead: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/SleepyHead consistancy consistency
> I: sleepyhead: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/SleepyHead succesfully successfully
> I: sleepyhead: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/SleepyHead independant independent
> I: sleepyhead: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/SleepyHead seperately separately
> I: sleepyhead: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/SleepyHead softwares software
> I: sleepyhead: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/SleepyHead GNU Public License GNU General Public License

These are all spelling errors.  I can obviously patch the package
locally and send a patch upstream, but I don't think it's worth delaying
the release because of this (IMHO).

> I: sleepyhead: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly

I can fix this.

> I: sleepyhead: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration

The package has really no documentation (unfortunately).  The three
files that are listed in debian/docs are very simple (rudimentary, I'd
say) texts; that's why I did not register a doc-base.  If you think it
is worth, I can silence this info.

> Since you confirmed to be upstream (or closely connected to upstream) if
> I remember correctly, you might even be easily able to fix the spelling
> issues.

I'm not upstream, I'm just becoming more involved with it.  I will send
patches fixing the spelling errors, and I'll patch the package locally
as well.

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36