Re: Sponsor request for bwa

Whoops, that may have been my fault. Looks like you got it resolved: https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/bwa_0.7.12-5.html

Thanks!

(I should go get my Debian Maintainer application completed :-)

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Michael,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 12:49:42AM +0000, Michael Crusoe wrote:
> I've added support for a libbwa-dev package which is needed by the salmon
> package.
>
> Can someone upload this to unstable for me?

Tried to upload but dput told me.

Trying to upload package to ftp-master (ftp.upload.debian.org)
Uploading to ftp-master (via ftp to ftp.upload.debian.org):
  Uploading bwa_0.7.12-5.dsc: 553 Could not create file.
Leaving existing bwa_0.7.12-5.dsc on the server and continuing
NOTE: This existing file may have been previously uploaded partially.
       For official Debian upload queues, the dcut(1) utility can be
       used to remove this file, and after an acknowledgement mail is
       received in response to dcut, the upload can be re-initiated.
  Uploading bwa_0.7.12-5.debian.tar.xz: 553 Could not create file.
Leaving existing bwa_0.7.12-5.debian.tar.xz on the server and continuing
NOTE: This existing file may have been previously uploaded partially.
       For official Debian upload queues, the dcut(1) utility can be
       used to remove this file, and after an acknowledgement mail is
       received in response to dcut, the upload can be re-initiated.
  Uploading bwa_0.7.12-5_amd64.deb: 553 Could not create file.

I guess there is a racing condition between uploads.  On the other hand
I can not see the package in new nor did I received an upload
confirmation (yet).  The uploader might please checkout Git and tag
the upload (depending whether

-  * Make a libgff-dev package for `salmon`.
+  * Make a libbwa-dev package for `salmon`.

was fixed or not).

BTW, once we have a static library it might be worth considering whether
a dynamic library package might make sense as well.