Re: Source of SubreadUserGuide

On 05/07/2015 09:22 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 09:06:11PM +0200, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
>>> BTW, it would be possible to add the download from some URL and
>>> add it as additional file(s) in debian/ dir.
>> Do you mean that I can add the source files to debian directory and use
>> these files to build the pdf, so there will be no need to wait for the
>> next releases ?
> Yes, that's comparable to compressed JS files:  You can provide the
> sources in debian/ dir.  I think it is not even mandatory to rebuild the
> PDF - but the user should be *enabled* to recreate the PDF.  At least
> this is what I understood.  If you have easy access to the source for
> now it would most probably the cheapest way to pass the NEW queue.
> Thorsten might insist if I'm wrong.
>
> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.

Hi Andreas,

with the new upstream version of subread, I have the tex sources for the
pdf file.

The problem now is the images in the png format.
Can we distribute them without having the sources ?
( I guess in most cases there are no sources for images ).

I've pushed the new package to the repository.

Thank you,
Alex