Re: Debian Med BoF tomorrow Fri 21th August 17:00 CEST

Hello,

On 20.08.2015 16:16, Andreas Tille wrote:
    apt-get install gobby
Well, this is lost in transition, so I'll write down my points here. If someone else would be so kind to add it to the gobby document?

* I propose to rename the "imaging" task to "image processing and visualization" - imaging is usually considered to be the part of image acquisition (including reconstruction)
  - everybody likes visualization, so let it show up in the task name :)

* IMHO the tasks page should be better exposed on the main project page [1]. I'd propose the second headline should be something like "What is the related software and how do I get it". For someone not familiar with the concept of a task package, the "tasks page" that is used as link description is not really helpful - and the German translation "Aufgabeseite" even less so.

* speaking of which, how to I edit these pages? E.g. in the imaging task I saw one proposed package (Gimias) that doesn't seem to be supported on Linux anymore, so I would like to remove it or make a note. And when I'm at this I would probably check the whole page. Also the imaging task description is very focused on DICOM and long compared to the other tasks.

* Any news from Slicer packaging? (Upstream doesn't give dependencies anymore, and rely on the "superbuild" that downloads and compiles dependencies).

Best,
Gert

[1] https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/