Re: Alert about several medical imaging packages (incl. mummy, activiz)

On August 4, 2015 03:00:58 PM Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 07:25:55AM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > On August 2, 2015 07:13:09 AM Andreas Tille wrote:

> > Gccxml: I have taken your idea of a compatibility wrapper around castxml,
> > implemented the suggestions of Brad King [2] and am in the process of
> > testing it with all the packages that build using gccxml.
>
> Cool.  This might hopefully enable us to simplify the porting of other
> packages.

Hope so.  Just uploaded a new gccxml with the wrapper, closing #792280 (gccxml
not ready for GCC 5).

> > mummy and activiz.net: I have not looked in detail at either, yet.

I just looked at mummy and discovered it doesn't build in sid right now.
There's a link problem that I think is simply due to the mono packages not yet
having been built with GCC 5 (in sid).   Mono has a GCC 5 build but right now
only in Experimental.  I think we're blocked on mummy until that hits Sid.

Activiz.net similarly builds on mono (and also mummy) so I think we're also
blocked there.

Regards,
-Steve