GinkgoCADx is finished :(

Hi team,

Today I've learned that MetaEmotion (developer of Ginkgo CADx) was acquired
by Nielsen [1] who apparently have no interest in medical software
(Ginkgo CADx in particular) and seems to have no appreciation to free
software. Development of Ginkgo CADx appears to be ceased and most likely
there will be no new releases.

If anyone wants to fork GinkgoCADx, now will be a good time to do so.

--

## Current status in Debian:

I've updated "ginkgocadx" repository with fixes required to build it
with "libinsighttoolkit4-dev" and with GCC-5. Due to current state of
GCC-5 transition it is not yet possible to build "ginkgocadx" in "sid"
because of unmet dependencies:

    libstdc++6 : Breaks: libinsighttoolkit4.7 (<= 4.7.2-2) but 4.7.2-2 is to be installed.

The biggest problem is that something else has changed and "-DNDEBUG"
no longer helps to avoid asserts with WX-3.0 so GinkgoCADx crashes with
errors like this:

    usr/include/wx-3.0/wx/strvararg.h(456): assert "(argtype &
    (wxFormatStringSpecifier<T>::value)) == argtype" failed in
    wxArgNormalizer(): format specifier doesn't match argument type

Unfortunately I can't fix those type mismatches on my own...

[1]: http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=303052091

--
Regards,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride
it, but in the end; there it is.
        -- Winston Churchill