Re: "Easy to fix" bug-popping

Le Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 06:24:16PM +1000, Kevin Murray a écrit :

> I'm keen to get a bit further involved in Debian in general, and Debian Med in
> specific. Is there some list you have of "easy to fix" bugs which you would
> like assistance with? As a PhD student I don't have heaps of time, but enough
> to fix a bug or two a month ;).

Hi Kevin,

at work I have often packaged new upstream releases of a program that I am
using on that same day for my research.  If you are a R user for instance, R
packages are often low-hanging fruits, where it is easy to review the diff
between the old and new version to look for new copyright or license notices,
or new dependance on other R packages, etc.  And on the cases where it was not
easy, well at least you have detected a package that needs the attention of a
more experienced maintainer, and you can report this on our mailing list.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles