Re: king debian pkg (2.21.120420-2, 2.21.120420+dfsg-1) questions

Hi Michael,

somehow your mails seem not reach the mailing list archive :-(

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:15:57PM -0400, Michael Prisant wrote:
> Thanks Andreas,
>
> I am reading the source package file contents:
>
> king_2.21.120420+dfsg-1.debian.tar.xz
>
> to try to understand the build process and patches.

May be there is no real need to check and understand king since I due to
your explanation I now understood that the projects you are requesting
for packaging are actually separate projects delivered in separate
tarballs and thus not part of the king source (except I missed
something).

> More questions later in
> the meantime probe and suitename info:
>
> 1. probe versions:
>
> executable for version 2.12.070830 is packaged with developer linux binary
> tarball
>
> source for version 2.13.110909 is available from:
> http://kinemage.biochem.duke.edu/downloads/software/probe/probe.2.13.110909.src.zip
>

> I have modified the linux makefile to allow compilation (see attached)
>
> Current or bleeding edge source
>
> https://codeload.github.com/rlabduke/probe/zip/master
> has the recently modified version

Besides my remarks I made this morning concerning the name of this
project I wonder whether you would like to learn some packaging in a
Mentoring of the Month project[1].  My feeling is that it is quite a
simple package you could design by copying large chunks from suitename
which I finalised and uploaded to the Debian new queue.  You could
easily learn how to craft Debian packages and the example seems to be a
good candidate.

> 2. suitename versions:
>
> executable for version 0.3.070628 is packaged with developer linux binary
> tarball
>
> source for this version is available from:
>
> http://kinemage.biochem.duke.edu/downloads/software/suitename/suitename.0.3.070628.src.tgz
>
> This compiles for me using the unmodified linux makefile
>
> Current or bleeding edge source
>
> https://codeload.github.com/rlabduke/suitename/zip/master
> has the recently modified version

As said today morning:  Feel free to contact the authors to add
release tags.  For the moment I have uploaded the package to
the Debian new queue.  All relevant information is displayed on
our Debian Med task page[2].

Feel free to ask if you have any remaining questions.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM
[2] http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio#suitename