Re: #777765 : activiz.net: ftbfs with GCC-5

In fact, I think the problem is that gcc-xml isn't compatible with gcc5.
Last year, there was a similar report [1]. But this time, it seems that gcc-xml will not be supported anymore, and that it will be replaced by CastXML, which is in the new queue [2] for 6 hours.
So I guess that there is nothing I can do except wait for it, right ?

Corentin

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=746846
[2] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/castxml_0.1+git20150630-1.html

Hi Andreas

Ok I get it. But by reading the bug report, I understand that the bug is into the gccxml package.
    Fix blocked by 791508: gccxml doesn't produce a gcc-5 compatible code.
Am I wrong about it ?

Thanks,

Corentin

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 12:17:39PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to fix the bug #777765, but I can't reproduce it with :
>
>     pbuilder create
>     pdebuild

As in the bug report you need to

    apt-get -t experimental install g++
    CC=gcc-5 CXX=g++-5 debuild

I'd suggest to do this in a chroot or some virtual machine you can throw
away afterwards.

Hope this helps