Re: [med-svn] [probabel] 03/03: New upstream version; use Arch: any in d/control

Hi Lennart,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 09:14:45AM +0200, L.C. Karssen wrote:
> Thanks for taking care of packaging the latest ProbABEL release. I
> hadn't found the time for it yet.

You are welcome.

> Regarding the architectures: back in January 2014 [1] we removed the
> big-endian architectures from the list, because the file format used by
> ProbABEL is read using raw I/O, so files created on little endian
> machines can't be read by big endian ones. The build failure stems from
> the fact that the included example/test files were created on a little
> endian machine.

Ahhh, well, this will probably lead to new build failures.  I'd suggest
to rather add an exclusion list rather than a positive list which should
be shorter and more transparent (at least I would thinks so).  In any
case I added your explanation above to debian/README.source since I will
definitely forget such particular issues on single packages considering
the amount of packages I'm dealing with.

Thanks for your prompt response which is similarly helpful as if you
would have worked on the bug itself.