Location for CWL tool descriptions

Hello Debian Med team,

The Common Workflow Language [CWL] working group has created a portable method to describe the command line interface of non-interactive (scientific) computing tools.

Ideally tool authors would write and ship such descriptions with their tools. In suggesting that they do so we need to provide advice as to where to install said files.

I propose that such descriptors be installed into /usr/share/cwl/${binary-name}.cwl

For applications not installed site-wide I propose that all CWL tool descriptions should go to $XDG_DATA_HOME/cwl/${binary-name}.cwl
$XDF_DATA_HOME is from the XDG Base Directory Specification [XDGBDS]; as per that standard it should be interpreted as $HOME/.local/share if not defined.

What do people think? By my reading this is compliant with the Debian Policy Manual but I am happy to hear other suggestions or corrections.

[CWL] http://common-workflow-language.github.io
[XDGBDS] http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-0.6.html

Cheers,

--