Re: Humble RFP RPostgreSQL

Hi Ondřej,

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 04:21:42PM +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> Dear Debian Med folks,
>
> I am packaging hedgehog (tool for a DNS data modeling) and one of it's
> requirements is RPostgreSQL that's not yet packaged.

Could you please provide any link?  While as a German native speaker I
could assume that with DNS you don't mean "Domain Name Service" but
rather the English DNA I would like to be sure about this.  I would
invite you to package any DNA related stuff in Debian Med team.

> I could probably quickly cook something up, but I thought I ask first
> here whether I find some poor soul that would do that since I guess the
> result will be in much better shape if done by anybody with the right
> skill.
>
> So what do you say?

At first I say that I'm impressed about the trust you have in our group.
;-)  There are people who are not that happy about the fact that we try
to pick a lot of CRAN packages.  In principle these are simple but we
only take what we consider as preconditions for packages in our
workfield.  So if hedgehog is a DNA tool we'd gladly help you to
maintain both in Debian Med VCS.

Otherwise we could serve with several useful examples which will bring
you (hopefully) quickly on track.