Re: Debian Package for kmer

Hi-

Nice list.

This project is a container for a set of useful (to our group) tools developed over the years.  The intent was to release the more useful ones individually -- as was done for leaff/sim4db -- but the time and/or support was never quite there.  The wiki page http://kmer.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?Main_Page lists the most useful tools.  Unfortunately, there is also a lot of crap in there that shouldn't be installed.

I can probably package up those tools -- ESTmapper, ATAC, and meryl -- without too much trouble.  The meryl package will be the same bits that are included in wgs-assembler/kmer now.  Looking at what is built now, there will still be some crap left over.  wgs-assembler needs only the libraries and header files.  I'll drop a line when this gets done.

seagen/seatac are components of ESTmapper/ATAC (respectively) that aren't useful standalone.  tapper and trie are two (of many) tools that failed to pan out.

Unrelated to kmer, wgs-assembler also needs several of the PacBio codes (https://github.com/PacificBiosciences) to run a specific use case.  I don't have a list of what is required - I've never installed these personally.  Perhaps https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/SMRT-Analysis will capture everything.  That is, at least, their primary analysis suite, if not the latest bits.